martes, 19 de mayo de 2009

The best in my area



To try to identify the best person in my area is hard for me because I can’t really decide. It depends on the day.
Today I think it could be Pierre Bourdieu. I really like him because his work goes beyond the classic (old fashion, but yet we still use it) distinction, in terms of their specific fields, between sociology and anthropology. Nowadays I think he’s the best, because he created a lot of usefull concepts and wrote interesting books in order to discuss one of the main subjects on social sciences: the tension between agency and structure. Also, he wrote very important ideas about gender and the male domination. He is also a relative contemporary author, so he was able to describe and to declare important subjects that are part of what we all are living nowadays. For anthropology he is important because he discussed with one of her main traditions: structuralism.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario