lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2009

Education

I studied in the same school my whole life. So, everybody knew me and I knew everyone. It was a private school, but I had a scholarship which allowed me to stay in it times that I couldn’t afford to pay it.
During highs school I pretty much enjoyed most of the subjects. With the patient help of my teachers each year I achieved better scores than the year before. My all-time favorite subjects (with the respective teacher) were: History, Philosophy and Language.
Although my school was private (I’m saying it “was”, because the owners sold it in 2007) we haven’t had much technology. Or maybe what really happened was that the equipment and facilities were very limited compared to the ambitions of our teachers. But judging it from the present, I guess I didn’t need much material things for accomplish my goals.
I guess that the quality of my education, in terms of the how good and how dedicate were my teachers and the concern, the demand and love of my parents were determinants for me to set my aspirations.
I guess that to say that each one is responsable of his education its unfair. The whole system that organizes the education in our country is inequal, and the position of being privileged or not, is the main reason that i think, for the opportunties and the goals that one cant set in her life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario